I’m excited to share this recipe with you! I’ve never felt better in my life since I started drinking this. I’ve been having it daily for awhile now and I can’t even tell you—it is so delicious.
Ever since having kids, I’ve become super focused on what we put into our bodies and how that affects our health and well-being. I know that when I fuel my body with good stuff, I’m rewarded with energy and a feeling of health and wellness I’ve never before experienced.
It’s been a decade (WOW!) since I gave up drinking coffee. I realized that the caffeine highs and lows were not doing me any favors and when I gave it up for my first pregnancy, I never went back. Since I’ve made a daily habit of drinking this green drink, I inadvertently found I gave up drinking alcohol as well. It just feels deliciously good to put healthy energy into my body rather than something that will leave me feeling sluggish.
Of course, all this combined with getting enough sleep every night (something I still struggle with but am getting better at), and I finally feel like I am thriving on a regular basis. I still have my days, but I can say I am feeling my very best-ever these days.
I’m blessed to work with so many incredible brands that are making foods better for the body without sacrificing taste. I’m inspired by their creativity daily (both working with them and consuming their products!), and this was the inspiration behind this recipe.
All the superfoods in this drink are so incredibly beneficial for the body. A few notes:
- For the ginger juice, I prefer to juice organic ginger root, skin and all, and then freeze it in ice cube trays. Each cube is about 2T. If you buy ginger juice you can also freeze it in this same manner.
- When I’m traveling, I like to mix the dry ingredients per serving in small zip bags, then just add the liquids and shake up in a water bottle.
- I have read that it’s ideal to consume no more than 1 tsp. of turmeric powder a day, and that any more may cause calcium stones. Adjust amount in this drink accordingly to compensate for other turmeric consumption as applicable.
Ok, here’s the recipe!
In a tall Ball jar or similar container with lid, add:
- 3 C cold, filtered water
- 2T organic lemon juice (love this kind)
- 2T organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (a kind with “the mother,” like Bragg’s)
- 2T organic ginger juice (If you can’t find fresh, or when traveling, can substitute 1/2 tsp powdered ginger. Can buy juice online here)
- 1 scoop BlueBonnet Super Earth Organic Greens (~3 tsp.) or substitute appropriate amount of your favorite powdered greens
- 1 tsp. organic Maca powder
- 1 tsp. organic Lucuma powder
- 1 tsp. organic ground turmeric
- A few squirts (about 1/4–1/2 tsp.) Organic Liquid Chlorophyll ES
- Organic stevia extract (or natural sweetener of choice) to taste (I use this kind)
- 4–5 cranks fresh ground pepper (aids in turmeric absorption for maximum benefit)
Combine all and shake vigorously to mix. You will need to stir each time before you drink since the spices settle to the bottom. I love using stainless steel straws to stir and drink.
This makes one 1 large, 2 medium or 3 small servings.
Did you try this recipe? Are you a fan? I’d love to hear how it affects your energy and overall well-being after regular consumption!